Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
Pedodontics is an age-defined specialty that provides both primary and comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants, children, and adolescents, including those with special health care needs.
Primary focus is care of the child as a whole individual being, not just limited to the child’s teeth.
As a team we strive to inspire healthy habits that grow with your child by providing compassionate and individualized dental care.
Our comprehensive pediatric practice serves our interior village community of toddlers, children and adolescents.
Services provided in our department
- Parent / Children counselling
- Flouride application, pit and fissure sealants, Restorations
- Endodontic procedures – Pulpotomy, Pulpectomy, Root canal treatment, Apexification, Apexogenesis.
- Preventive and Interceptive orthodontic appliances
- Stainless steel crowns and esthetic crowns
- Surgical procedures- extraction, periapical surgery, cyst enucleation, frenectomy, soft tissue exposure of impacted tooth.
Services provided out of department
- Public camps
- School dental health program
Future plans to be incorporated in department of Pedodontic dentistry
- Soft-tissue laser
- Cleft lip and palate management
- Management of special children by adopting such schools in and around Puducherry.
- Establishing Pedodontic Dental Medical Program.